Chick flip onto it back

DK

Songster
15 Years
Dec 30, 2008
Alabama
I have a chick that may be 8 weeks old was doing good but now it can not stand up. I help it stand to eat and drink but as soon as I let go it roll over on it back feet up in the air. It in a brooder away from the other been this way over a week any thing i can do I have put vitamin in the water.

I have a chick that may be 8 weeks old was doing good but now it can not stand up. I help it stand to eat and drink but as soon as I let go it roll over on it back feet up in the air. It in a brooder away from the other been this way over a week any thing i can do I have put vitamin in the water.
What are you feeding and what is the vitamin?

Can you get a video? Upload video to youtube and provide a link.

From your description it sounds like a neurological problem - this can be due to disease like Marek's (your chick is within the age range to begin showing symptoms), vitamin deficiency is another possibility or suffering some type of trauma.

I would try vitamin therapy to see if that makes a difference. 400IU Vitamin E along with 1/4 tablet B-Complex. Give her some egg daily as a treat too, this will help with the uptake of E.

Back
Top Bottom