Chick gasping for air!!!

ArleneSidun

Hatching
Feb 28, 2015
I was recently given a little bantam chick who had an issue with her leg. She was just laying on her side and wasn't moving to eat or drink so she grew very weak, I've had had her for about for about 4 days and I'd say she's close to two weeks old, in the past few days I hand fed and watered her and she finally started showing signs of getting better last night, but tonight she's started gasping for air, I can hear a clicking sound when's she's breathing occasionally and have since I got her, but this is the first time she's gasped like this, she's still peeping both quietly and loudly, but I'm still very concerned does anyone know why she's gasping or what I could do to help her?

Her body temperature is not exactly what i had in mind... Is the enviroment too hot for her? that's the most common cause of the issue you have described. Might also be some sort of infection/disease that is obstructing her airway, take a look at it's throat to see if anything looks out of place.

Her environment temperature is okay too. I checked her throat multiple times since it started and I didn't see anything blocking the airway

Back
Top Bottom