Chick hatching RIGHT NOW! Want to watch?

Right now I have the humidity set high enough for the hatching chicks. When they finish, I'll let it drop back down to a more reasonable level--perhaps even let it drop lower than it "should" be so they have a chance to catch up. My biggest worry is if they're being turned enough. I turn them four or five times a day, but I still worry. I'll feel much better when I can put the turner back in.

This staggered hatch was kinda-sorta on purpose so that I would have experience with it, should I ever be put in a situation where I have to attempt a staggered hatch in the future.
Gotcha. What kind of incubator?

I imagine 3-4 days of hand turning would get old if your used to a turner...and then you've got to worry about hatching humidity!

Fortunately the hatching chicks have left me plenty of time to turn eggs without having to worry about shrink-wrapping any of them. I don't mind turning the eggs by hand for a few days, but I'm paranoid that I'm doing it wrong and I'll mess them up. I did have a stuck egg with my last hatch that I was able to resolve, so I'm trying not to stress it too much.

This is my incubator. My husband bought it for me for my birthday, along with the automatic egg turner: http://www.mypetchicken.com/catalog/products/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=627&

Just a head's up, another chick has pipped and I'm hearing cheeping coming from inside. I will set the cam up on it again before I go to bed.

It'll probably wait until we're both well asleep, that little stinker! lol
Hahahah! I was thinking that as I was staring at it!
lau.gif
Come on lil pip
jumpy.gif

Well, she waited for us, and now it looks like we have a 2-for-1 going! Another egg has pipped, and don't look like it intends to wait around

Back
Top Bottom