Chick hours old scooting on butt legs out in front!!!

It will come out of it on its own more than likely. The only ones I really put in a glass are the ones who can barely get around or can't get around at all.

It will come out of it on its own more than likely. The only ones I really put in a glass are the ones who can barely get around or can't get around at all.

X's 2..the ones that are spraddle legged or I have to put booties on, and they tend to ..umm..tip over. :D Keeps them upright .. I put a paper towel in there so they don't slip and slide, I use a glass or cup..don't have a shot glass.
wink.png
Sounds like the perfect size tough. :)

OK I'm trying my best to just let her be. She seems to get around pretty OK like this and she did drink earlier, but I haven't seen either one eat yet, but they are still so young they wouldn't need to yet I guess. I should say that when she hatched I was stunned. I bought the eggs thinking they were a white houdan x white polish and when she came out all black I just loved that she was the opposite of what I expected. I named her Nachthimmel (Mel for short). It's German for night sky. I figured Mel was a good name weather she decides to stay a she or becomes a he. So here's to hoping Mel is ok! Thanks again to everyone for the advice. Funny how neurotic I get over these fluffy little babies.

Oh poor baby - she looks like a little black frog. The cup method should help her - I remember one person attached a small bottle cap to the rim of cup, so chick could reach water, or have some food this way. Have you tried her out on non-skid surface to see if she can pull legs under her?

Ok so @Cynthia12 Was right!!!!!!!! she's fine walking around being a normal little baby again! Thank you a million times over to everyone who helped me out. This "Paddle Foot" thing almost gave me a heart attack!

Here she is all better! Also a Buff Brahma chick joined them!
0.jpg

My new chick is doing the same thing...so pathetic looking! :( I feel so sad for her! Any suggestions? I read some people standing them in a shot glass, but it would seem that the slippery glass might make things worse. These are classroom chicks, so I'd like to fix it or remove the chick before my 6 year old students see it! Will it get better? What should I do? Of course, it's the white one that all the kids like the best! :(

Back
Top Bottom