Chick inly walks with one leg

It also appears to be swelling on it:
image.jpg

Could possibly be a vitamin deficiency or a slipped tendon... Are you supplementing vitamins? Did he have this issue immediately after hatching or did it develop? What is your brooder setup like?
I am not supplementing vitamins and I think he has this since he hatched but I'm not sure I only noticed it now that he is trying to walk. He is at a shoebox for now, since he cant walk right. He has water food and a geat lamp for him.

@Eggcessive @Wyorp Rock any suggestions?
I would try vitamins - at the very least it wouldn't hurt. If it's a slipped tendon or an issue with hatching that might be harder to fix....
Thanks... Which vitamins do you think I should give him? I never gave vitamins to my chickens, they never needed them and I don't know what types I should give...

A B vitamin complex, possibly some Vitamin E... DVL makes a product called Poul-vite if you can find it in your area, otherwise there's a bunch of different things out there. Check with your local feed stores typically they have some kind of poultry vitamin mix, with or without electrolytes.

Could be Perosis (Slipped Tendon). Which you may be able to repair since the chick just hatched.

You want to give B Vitamins, especially B2(Riboflavin), the easiest way to do this is go to Walmart, CVS, etc. and pick up a bottle of B-Complex. Give the chick 1/4 tablet daily. This can be dissolved in a small amount of water syringed into her throughout the day.

You may find some tips/threads by searching for slipped tendon.

This may also be helpful. http://www.poultrypedia.com/poultry-podiatry

Back
Top Bottom