Chick limping, Is it because she is a little hot?

Swampy_9

Chirping
Apr 3, 2023
Today Our outside Temprature is in the 80s. Inside it is 85 and it is still a little hot. I noticed one of my chicks has began limping. Now i noticed that this happened in their first week (they are two weeks old now) because they ran too hot. She still eats and she has drank once i came back from work. My mom said none of them were acting off.

But i did noticed that when i picked her up she was a little hotter than the other chicks. Not too terribly hot but still pretty hot compared to the others. She isn't heavy panting, i dont see anything that she could have physically but her leg is tucked in and she does seem to be limping when she makes the attempt to walk. Now she is the smallest compared to her other sisters. and she still responds to everything just the same. She's tucked in with the other chicks just fine and nothings the matter as far as i can see.

I did check her leg just to see if anything was uncomfortable or by chance if i saw anything but there didn't seem to be anything the matter. Is it because she's hot? Should i Keep an eye on her? do i have to make her a little leg brace or is it possible any vitamin deficiency?

Like i said there's nothing physical i can see. Just a little hotter than the other ones. And she's still eating and she drank just fine. Just a limp with one of her legs.

//edit: she also has begun sleeping earlier than the other ones

Sorry it's taken a while. I had to wake up and all. These are the videos I took. She seems to be able to move better and isn't crawling like yesterday. But she still has that little limp. This was also her poop this morning. And just a picture of her on how she's laying off of it and her legs.

Can you get a video of her moving about?

Upload video to youtube and provide a link.

Photos of her poop would be good too.
Here's also some pictures of her legs as well as her poop. She right now that she has a little more space is sleeping away from the rest of the flock too. But she seems to not want to lay on her bad leg.
IMG_20230411_102143395_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230411_101159482.jpg
IMG_20230411_100912487.jpg
IMG_20230411_100958410.jpg
IMG_20230411_100945655.jpg

Not sure what's going on with her legs.

I'd start her on B-Complex (1/4 tablet daily) to help with leg support. See that she's getting to eat/drink well. I suggest that she walk on non-slick surfaces as well.

Not sure what's going on with her legs.

I'd start her on B-Complex (1/4 tablet daily) to help with leg support. See that she's getting to eat/drink well. I suggest that she walk on non-slick surfaces as well.
okay ill go ahead and do that. She's still drinking and eating well so ill keep an eye on her for that as well.

Back
Top Bottom