chick making clicking noise when breathing now 2 chicks

powder I believe is whats available to me
Corid Powder is 1.5 teaspoons per gallon, but will not treat respiratory illness, it only treats coccidiosis.

This picture shows the oxytetracycline dose:

I would use the 800 mg dose of 2.5 tablespoons per gallon for respiratory illness.

What are you trying to treat?

-Kathy

Last edited:
Sorry I was away from my computer yes I see the pics I jist got home and both were dead. :( they were clicking when they would breathe so I assume respiratory infection?

Ok I missed your other post so I shouldn't try the corid? And bump up the dose one the oxytetracycline? Should I go ahead and treat the other chick's in case?

Sorry I was away from my computer yes I see the pics I jist got home and both were dead.
sad.png
they were clicking when they would breathe so I assume respiratory infection?
Sorry for your loss. Are any more clicking? If you can, contact the state vet and ask about having them tested. Many states do them for free, so do call and ask. Refrigerate now and send FedEx in the morning. Ask them for their FedEx account number, it will be much less expensive that way.

Name: Dr. Rod Hall
Title: State Veterinarian
Agency: Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry
Department: Animal Industry Division
Office Address: 2800 N. Lincoln Blvd. Oklahoma City, OK 73152
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 528804 Oklahoma City, OK 73152
Permit : (405)522-6141
Telephone No: (405) 522-6141
Fax No: (405) 522-0756
E-mail : [email protected]

Oklahoma Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory
Oklahoma State Univ.,College of Vet. Med.
Farm & Ridge Road
Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078
Phone: 405-744-8808 Fax 405-744-8612

This is how I send mine:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/799747/how-to-send-a-bird-for-a-necropsy-pictures

And I would not mix the two in their water.

-Kathy

The LF chick group was about two weeks old the bantam group was (I'm guessing) less than a week old we got the bantams from tsc on Sunday. One bird grow each group died.

Back
Top Bottom