Chick shipment?

Thank you for all your support, I don't know what I'd do without the understanding of people like you & other BYCers. I was actually planning to give away about half, because I don't need ten. I'm less worried about the money than I am about the innocent lives, that I feel partly responsible for
1f622.png
. I have contacted TSC through their customer solutions on their website. If I don't hear anything by morning, I'll give them a call. Thanks!
Its not your fault. Its their job to know if its a safe time to send them. Dont matter if you planned on keeping them or not. You did good .

Goodness sounds like you just had a bad shipment of chicks.
I would get a thermometer in there today. Just so you can be sure of temps. A healthy chick will move away if it gets too hot but a sickly chick wont.
Considering some were dead on arrival, i think you just got a bad batch of chicks. Or they were mishandled during shipment.
Im in north idaho where its staying under 30 degrees at night, and i recieved my ducklings wednesday morning and all made it healthy and alive. I ordered 10.
But maybe because yours took an xtra day it was harder on them.
However i read lots of bad reviews from some hatcheries .
I think you need refunded even if you didnt want that many
But If it was me i would order from someone else next time.
So sorry its going so bad for you!

I lied... I went to check on them again and found there were six under the heat pad rather than 5. But that one "extra" was dead as well.
1f622.png
Man, I'm not having any luck at this.
1f625.png

I am so sorry you are having to go through this mess.

Goodness sounds like you just had a bad shipment of chicks.
I would get a thermometer in there today. Just so you can be sure of temps. A healthy chick will move away if it gets too hot but a sickly chick wont.
Considering some were dead on arrival, i think you just got a bad batch of chicks. Or they were mishandled during shipment.
Im in north idaho where its staying under 30 degrees at night, and i recieved my ducklings wednesday morning and all made it healthy and alive. I ordered 10.
But maybe because yours took an xtra day it was harder on them.
However i read lots of bad reviews from some hatcheries .
I think you need refunded even if you didnt want that many
But If it was me i would order from someone else next time.
So sorry its going so bad for you!

I am so sorry you are having to go through this mess.

Thank you! I woke up to more bad news, two more have died
1f622.png
1f629.png
. That's 8 of the 11 that haven't made it.
1f615.png

Last edited:
May my three baby girls rest in peace!
1f622.png
1f629.png
1f622.png

Hopefully I don't have to go through this again tomorrow, but I'm afraid I probably will with at least two others.
1f622.png
All I can do at this point is let them rest in their MHP. I ordered these chicks through Tractor Supply online, they ship from Hoover's Hatchery.

So sorry to hear that. You never do really know the cause of death ... whether it's something that happened during shipping or after. I will PM you the phone numbers for Hoover's and they will get you a refund or replacement birds.

Back
Top Bottom