Chick stuck in egg

It seems like it tried to come out before the blood vessels dried up. The blood vessels that have supplied the chick with blood while in the egg have to dry up before it comes out. The chick is supposed to absorb all of the blood out of them along with the yolk before it is ready to come out. I would give it 24 hours before I would intervene, it's best to see if nature does what it is supposed to, otherwise you can risk hurting the chick and possibly kill it rather than help. If it is already that much out, I think it will be fine on its own. Just give it some time.

It seems like it tried to come out before the blood vessels dried up. The blood vessels that have supplied the chick with blood while in the egg have to dry up before it comes out. The chick is supposed to absorb all of the blood out of them along with the yolk before it is ready to come out. I would give it 24 hours before I would intervene, it's best to see if nature does what it is supposed to, otherwise you can risk hurting the chick and possibly kill it rather than help. If it is already that much out, I think it will be fine on its own. Just give it some time.

Thank you so much!!!!

Also, you should avoid opening the incubator at all costs. The humidity needs to be just right or one of two things could happen, there could be a lack of humidity and the chick could get stuck to the membranes of the egg and will be unable to get out or 2, there could be too much humidity and the chick could drown from too much fluid. I know how hard it is to watch and not be able to help, but you have to, it will be better for the chick. Is he moving inside the egg? And when did he first pip?

Also, you should avoid opening the incubator at all costs. The humidity needs to be just right or one of two things could happen, there could be a lack of humidity and the chick could get stuck to the membranes of the egg and will be unable to get out or 2, there could be too much humidity and the chick could drown from too much fluid. I know how hard it is to watch and not be able to help, but you have to, it will be better for the chick. Is he moving inside the egg? And when did he first pip?

Yes the chick is moving inside the egg and it first piped around 5:30 this morning so about 16 and a half hours ago.

Okay, well give it until 5:30 on this morning coming up (24 hours since it has pipped) and see if any progress has been made. It is 11:20 pm here so I am going to bed. I will be back on in the morning to check on you and your babies
263a.png
1f423.png

Okay, well give it until 5:30 on this morning coming up (24 hours since it has pipped) and see if any progress has been made. It is 11:20 pm here so I am going to bed. I will be back on in the morning to check on you and your babies
263a.png
1f423.png

Ok thank you so much

Back
Top Bottom