Chick with no skin on back! need help NOW!

WhiteCochinLover

Songster
8 Years
Sep 10, 2011
Maryland

I went out to the pen this morning and saw this little one like this. She seems to be walking fine. She is in a dog kennel with her mother and 6 other chicks. I have no idea what happened or what to do I need help ASAP! The only thing I could would be that she tried to escape and got caught. Please help

Well, get a product called Blue Cote. It comes in a spray. And that is a great wound care. Should also deter pecking. Chickens are very hardy and the little chick might recover just fine. I wouldn't let the others around it just yet--afraid they would peck that large wound.

The only thing i can say is isolate her and get some dies liqid bandage and aply it every other day and hope some skin grows

So sorry! We just had something similar happen the other day. I think ours got caught on the fence and I caught the other chicks ripping at it. You're going to have to separate the chick or the other will most likely tear it up.

Start there and hopefully someone else will chime in from there!

We applied some blue kote to our chicks wound yesterday and it seems to be doing ok. I'm not sure if that would be good in your case or not.

Poor little thing. Ours is by itself - I think it's ok for a short time of recovery. You could always put a mirror in there. Keep it warm and make sure it has food and water. I hope it gets stronger!

Back
Top Bottom