Chick with something stuck in it's throat?

Farmer Kitty

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Sep 18, 2007
Wisconsin
I have a chick that's only a few days old that acts like it is trying to cough something up. They are on wood shavings with paper toweling over top but, they had pulled back a corner of the toweling and dug around. I'm wondering if this little one has a piece stuck.

I have tried gently massaging it's throat and I also tried olive oil.

Any other suggestions? Or possibilities?

Can you see what's in its throat?

Sister gave our first batch some baby parrot feeder and like five of them soon after started gasping for air. When I took a look into their beak to see what's wrong it looked like the wet food had blocked up all their upper mouth and throat. I took a paper clip, cleaned it and bent the smaller end out so I could gently scoop out the food with the rounded curve.Only did it till they could actually peep their protest and had them drink the rest away

maybe take a cutip and put olive oil on it and open the beak and push the oiled cutip down the throat to dislodge the object

email any questions

I can't see anything. It does peep loudly in protest when I try so it's getting air. I tried to get it to drink and that didn't seem to do anything either.

i recently got 2 baby turkeys and have wood shavings put down with paper towels over it but they still some how got some out. One of my turkeys ate one I believe and I can feel in it’s throat but can not see it how do I get it unstuck.
and he is still chirping and trying to drink.

Back
Top Bottom