Chick with weak leg

Juliemarie04

Hatching
Oct 8, 2022
Hi, I am hoping someone might be able to offer me some advice. I just hatched some eggs in my incubator. One of the chicks had a very hard time hatching and has not been able to stand. He hatched yesterday morning and since then, he has just been lying flat and occasionally dragging himself around a little. He seems to have one leg that is much weaker than the other. He is using mostly just one leg to push himself around. He can move the other leg, but doesn’t have much strength in it. When I try to sit him up on his legs, he falls to the side on the weak leg. I saw something online about using vet wrap to tape legs together if they are splayed. I am wondering if that might help. I have not been able to get him to eat or drink yet since he can’t stay upright.

Attachments

• 1274216D-83A0-45C1-A916-3533775F7E38.jpeg
    1274216D-83A0-45C1-A916-3533775F7E38.jpeg
    319.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 390210EA-BBA5-4934-9676-FE78AC2BC30D.jpeg
    390210EA-BBA5-4934-9676-FE78AC2BC30D.jpeg
    436.5 KB · Views: 3
Hi, I am hoping someone might be able to offer me some advice. I just hatched some eggs in my incubator. One of the chicks had a very hard time hatching and has not been able to stand. He hatched yesterday morning and since then, he has just been lying flat and occasionally dragging himself around a little. He seems to have one leg that is much weaker than the other. He is using mostly just one leg to push himself around. He can move the other leg, but doesn’t have much strength in it. When I try to sit him up on his legs, he falls to the side on the weak leg. I saw something online about using vet wrap to tape legs together if they are splayed. I am wondering if that might help. I have not been able to get him to eat or drink yet since he can’t stay upright.
Hi! Can you put him in a lined cup, maybe he just needs a little more time to get his legs?

Back
Top Bottom