Chick won’t open eyes

Ordinaryginger

Hatching
Feb 5, 2024
I picked up 4 little chicks from a local breeder today. My little buff Orpington isn’t doing so well. Her eyes have been closed pretty much since I got her. She was warmed up and given a drop of nutri-drench, which helped her perk up but it didn’t last long. I gave her another drop of nutri-drench a couple hours later. I just found her upside down under the heat plate with the other chicks walking all over her. I brought her out and have her on a heating pad to see if I can get her perked back up. Do you have any other suggestions?

Her eyes are constantly closed. She seems to be pecking at her behind, and easily falls over. Chirping loudly. I took care of her pasty butt. I am not sure what else to do! Hatched last Saturday night. 3/9-3/10/24

Hiya, and welcome to BYC!! :frow

I would try getting it to drink or using an eye dropper to drip some electrolytes/probiotic water, like Hydro-Hen or Save A Chick. If you don't have any, try a small amt of honey mixed in water.

I'd add water to make a mash out of their grower if it perks up enough to eat.

I hope your chick makes it!

Hiya, and welcome to BYC!! :frow

I would try getting it to drink or using an eye dropper to drip some electrolytes/probiotic water, like Hydro-Hen or Save A Chick. If you don't have any, try a small amt of honey mixed in water.

I'd add water to make a mash out of their grower if it perks up enough to eat.

I hope your chick makes it!
Thank you for the suggestions! I tried honey water and egg yoke, but no success she did not survive the night.

Back
Top Bottom