Chick Wont Stop Peeping!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help!!!

LaBaze

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 14, 2011
Covington, LA
We had a silkie chick hatch last night and since it came out it has not stopped peeping since, we are going insane, our heads hurt, and we want to sleep. We cant put him outside with the others yet. But he just wont stop peeping very high pitched, we have tried getting him a buddy, giving him a stuffed animal, and snuggling him but he wont shut up!!! Any ideas?? PLEASE.......

I had the same thing with my first hatch. Mumbles was the only one who hatched. Make sure your temp is warm enough in the brooder. Put in a stuffed animal for snuggling. Make sure its eating and drinking. Lots of peeping is normal for a lone chick as it is lonely. I would take Mumbles out and hold him for a while several times a day or whenever I was home. It seemed to help. Since my brooder box was in the dining room, he could hear everyone and everything. I would just speak to him quietly when he would peep incessantly and he would stop. It would be helpful if you could get your newbie some friends. Have any other eggs hatched? Mumbles now has some babies to keep him company that are a month younger than him. He is happy and is still a mommas boy. This is my first time with silkies but it seems they need to bond with someone or something. If you can, try holding it a few time a day each day for a while. Oh--I used to cover the top of the box with a towel to keep the heat in and to keep it darker at night. Worked well. It will get better. Good luck with your little one!

He's not peeping so much now, we had a couple more chicks hatch so we have him in with 2 more chicks his size. We had put one in there with him that was a bit bigger than him but they stayed friends. His peeping is back to a normal chicks more occasional peeping. Thanks for the help everyone!

Back
Top Bottom