Chicken besties!

lamberts chooks

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 15, 2014
Uk
Just had to post this picture of these two, like little and large! But have a really sweet relationship!

Little lettuce (named by my son) is a pekin bantam and cookie is a brahma! I've caught lettuce sat on cookies feet before with cookie purring happily! I had no idea chickens could be this chummy!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Love your pick. That's a great contrast between the sizes of the two birds. The first breed I ever had were Brahmas (about 50 years ago), and they were gentle giants. I've also had Cochin bantams. Whether or not they were Pekins I don't know. UK poultry breeders and US poultry breeders are still debating whether Pekin and Cochin bantams are different breeds. UK breeders say yes, US breeders (usually) say no. Either way, they are certainly adorable and friendly little birds. We gave lots of members from the UK and if you would like to get in touch with them, you can find them at https://www.backyardchickens.com/newsearch?search=uk+members. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

They are so cute!

I have two chickens are inseparable too. They have such a special relationship!

I did wonder what breed the speckled one is, she's a pretty one. Makes me laugh that they seem to get into mischief in pairs! Never thought I'd be referring to a chicken as mischief!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

AWwww.....those two are so cute together!! Thanks for sharing!!

Welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom