Chicken Breed Focus - Polish

Pics
Please don't kill the messenger. .but...they all look like boy hairdos to me :\ Your Gold Laced (2nd picture) looks like there is a chance it could be a girl still... I'm not an expert by any means, but my girls always seem to have a round crest and the boys either sweeps to the back or is completely wild... the easiest way to tell is look at individual feathers in the crest..if the end of the feather is round, it's a girl..if they're sharp/pointy looking, it's a boy

I am with you their dogs look like boys but the last one for sure is. You can see his waddled comming in which from my understanding is a sure sign for boy. Red behind the beaks and waddles

Thanks guys.
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
I hope not. I might keep 1 rooster of this breed but not 3-4!!!! Please be just crazy crested. Please please please. If not I guess they will be going up for sell.
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png

I think it's in the air :( I have one autosexing breed that I usually hatch out about 5 or 6 chicks of every time I hatch, and every single hatch has produced almost all boys... (out of about 35 chicks I've hatched maybe 6 girls this year).. all of my other breed chicks are too young to tell on, but hoping the Norwegian chicks aren't a clue to the rest :\ You can send your extra boys here..lol..I have dedicated a whole huge coops and run to be "The Bachelor Pad"

Don't know if this helps you or not..but just ran out to grab a couple pics to show the difference in shape... yours could still very well be in the gawky akward teenage stage (and Polish really have a bad one..lol..) so they could still change and be girls, but I wouldn't hold my breath...

Not the best..but side by side..

Girl

Boy

Last edited:
I hope so..I have a white that's about 6 months old that I was convinced was a hen...'she' crowed this morning...well attempted to..lol.. but fingers crossed for you ♡

My very sweet "shoulda been a hen" roo..definitely explains why my silkie boy really had it out for 'her'.. but regardless, he stays ♡♡

Gold laced is my favorite of the bunch ♡ I have a pair if WCB bantam but no reds or BCW.. I sent my Tolbunt roo to a friend with Tolbunt girls bc all I had was a GL..can't wait to get eggs from him. .some of the girls are frizzle so should be gorgeous babies ♡

Gold laced is my favorite of the bunch ♡ I have a pair if WCB bantam but no reds or BCW.. I sent my Tolbunt roo to a friend with Tolbunt girls bc all I had was a GL..can't wait to get eggs from him. .some of the girls are frizzle so should be gorgeous babies ♡

Nice. I hope for at least 2 girls.

Fingers definitely crossed.. did u check the tips of the crest feathers to see if they were pointy or round ?
Not yet. Today was family day. We went to the beach for a very SANDY WINDY picnic. We didn't get in the water because it was so choppy. Kids played in the sand and my husband and I just relaxed for a few hours.
Got home and prepared 17 chicks to go to a new home. Got to clean out the babies for more
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

Back
Top Bottom