Chicken breed?

ChickenTenderz

Songster
Mar 21, 2023
I saw this hen online and she's so beautiful, what kind is she? (I know the colors must have been enhanced some)
Screenshot_20230831_135306_Pinterest.jpg

I have Rhode Island Reds & Black Australorps, was thinking of maybe adding some of these to the flock when it's time. Do either of those breeds lay comparable to the girls that I have?

I have Rhode Island Reds & Black Australorps, was thinking of maybe adding some of these to the flock when it's time. Do either of those breeds lay comparable to the girls that I have?
Those breeds should be fairly good layers.

I don't know what other ones you have, so I can't say whether they would be comparable or not.

Those breeds should be fairly good layers.

I don't know what other ones you have, so I can't say whether they would be comparable or not.
Sorry, I wrote that confusing. I have Rhode Island Red & Black Australorps but was thinking about adding whatever the hen above is Black Copper Maran or Black Sexlink

Sorry, I wrote that confusing. I have Rhode Island Red & Black Australorps but was thinking about adding whatever the hen above is Black Copper Maran or Black Sexlink
Oh, that makes sense.

A Black Sexlink will probably lay about as well as Rhode Island Red or Black Australorp, or maybe a bit better.

Black Copper Marans may not be quite such a good layer, but probably not too bad either.

Of the two kinds, Black Copper Marans have a more predictable appearance. Black Sexlinks (sometimes called Black Stars) can have variable amounts of red, ranging from no red at all up to birds where the entire front half is red. They all tend to look pretty, just not all of them look like the bird in the photo.

Back
Top Bottom