Chicken breeds for NC

Rosekitten

Songster
6 Years
May 11, 2018
Rockingham, NC
Later this year I may be moving to NC and either this year or next year (latest the following year when we plan to buy our own land). I was going to look into breeds that are good for the area in the mean time. Even if I can't get them this year or next due to renting and being somewhat in a close quarters town.. I still wanted to prepare for when I can get some. It gives me something to do and plan for. I'll be near the Raleigh area if that information is important.

edit:
Also I plan to start with chicks if that makes a difference. I have plenty of experience with raising chicks and I wanted to be as hands on as possible so I could get a friendly flock like I ended up with the last time I raised chickens.

edit 2:
Doesn't matter if they are meat or egg birds over all. For the current living plan eggs would be their only purpose as we'd likely be unable to have a rooster in the small flock.

Thanks in advanced for any information.

Last edited:
I have not checked that out yet. : o I dunno if I'm allowed to have a handful of garden hens yet or not but I wanted to be prepared just in case.. cause when we move it'll be mid to late winter so I wanted to prep for maybe spring.

Back
Top Bottom