Chicken cant breath

Papayapiechicken

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2022
Hello, I posted about my sweet Henrietta a few moths ago regarding her breathing problems and still do not know what could be causing this. She is better now but still sneezes and occasionally has a coughing/ wheezing fit. She lives with her little chick who is now grown up. The little chick has been with her for almost 6 months and has no signs/symptoms like Henrietta so I’m not sure what she has is contagious or not. They are both quarantined together from the rest of the flock. I have tried the vetrx but I’m not sure if it helped. I was wondering maybe she could have Gapeworm perhaps? She has been like this for about 7 months. She had definitely gotten better since the first video I posted but I don’t feel comfortable putting her back with the flock since she is still sneezing. Any suggestions? Should I try treating her for Gapeworm or maybe antibiotics? Don’t know if it’s respiratory or Gapeworm?

Hello, I posted about my sweet Henrietta a few moths ago regarding her breathing problems and still do not know what could be causing this. She is better now but still sneezes and occasionally has a coughing/ wheezing fit. She lives with her little chick who is now grown up. The little chick has been with her for almost 6 months and has no signs/symptoms like Henrietta so I’m not sure what she has is contagious or not. They are both quarantined together from the rest of the flock. I have tried the vetrx but I’m not sure if it helped. I was wondering maybe she could have Gapeworm perhaps? She has been like this for about 7 months. She had definitely gotten better since the first video I posted but I don’t feel comfortable putting her back with the flock since she is still sneezing. Any suggestions? Should I try treating her for Gapeworm or maybe antibiotics? Don’t know if it’s respiratory or Gapeworm?
Sorry to hear that. I am by far no expert, but have you checked her nostrils and the slit in the roof of her mouth for any blockage? I am not really sure what could be happening here. Hopefully someone more experienced chimes in soon

Sorry to hear that. I am by far no expert, but have you checked her nostrils and the slit in the roof of her mouth for any blockage? I am not really sure what could be happening here. Hopefully someone more experienced chimes in soon
Hello, I’m not sure what I’d be looking for in her mouth but her nostrils seem fine and she has no puffy eyes or nasal discharge. She just occasionally gasps for air. Some days are better than others but I wish I could cure her so she can go back with her flock fiends. Thank you for your response.

Back
Top Bottom