Chicken carrying an egg..

gurlbear

Songster
6 Years
Mar 17, 2017
I have had people tell me they have never seen or heard of a chicken doing this.. She went broody in the nesting box. After two days, carried this one out and about 4 of them ate it. Left the other two eggs. She has been sitting on 6 eggs for a week now elsewhere in the coop.
6C071033-F42A-4462-9A88-B89B0A152D97.jpeg

Now surely you have experienced once in your life a rotten egg that explodes lol. If not... if I was her I would pick that bomb up and march it right out. Lol And if it does explode, it takes weeks to get smell gone just like skunk. Smart girl. Giving her credit just in case she has gone carnivore! I had a rhode island do this once to me. She had to have absolute quiet, darkness and peace and she did not like sharing her eggs! After about a dozen, she actually moved 5 eggs in her nest to nearby bushes. High real estate. She had her little dust hole turned nest, water, and the privacy of her bush. She was so sweet.

I have a camera in the coop so I have a video but don’t see how I can upload a clip.

You need to upload a video clip to something like you tube and then embed the link here. It took me a while to figure it out as well. Please do so, I am dying to see that video.

:fl

I have had people tell me they have never seen or heard of a chicken doing this.. She went broody in the nesting box. After two days, carried this one out and about 4 of them ate it. Left the other two eggs. She has been sitting on 6 eggs for a week now elsewhere in the coop. View attachment 1742102
@Shadrach ! Look at what this hen is doing!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom