Chicken coop flooring

kristaleigh

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 13, 2013
Albemarle NC
I recently starting building a large chicken coop and wanted to seal in the flooring. I've read a lot of people use linoleum. I also saw some one suggest roofing cement. Fleas anybody have any experience with the roofing cement. Or what you might think is the best?

It's not roofing cement, it's a rubberized roofcoat product. I used the stuff below in my coop. It's been over four years, and it looks just like it did, the day I poured it in there. It is, IMO, the best protector for a coop's wood floor. It seals all floor seams and gaps, plus the seam where the walls meet the floor, under a coat of rubber. It's easy to apply, drys fast, and is totally chicken proof.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_70989-29-60...L=?Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=

+1. I put Black Jack 57 down on my shed floors and it works great. On the section of the shed that is partitioned off for the chicken coop we did the floor and halfway up the walls. This stuff looks like it will last for a long time.

It's not roofing cement, it's a rubberized roofcoat product. I used the stuff below in my coop. It's been over four years, and it looks just like it did, the day I poured it in there. It is, IMO, the best protector for a coop's wood floor. It seals all floor seams and gaps, plus the seam where the walls meet the floor, under a coat of rubber. It's easy to apply, drys fast, and is totally chicken proof.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_70989-29-60...L=?Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=

JackE, I so wanted to find this. I ordered on the website to pick up and when I got there, they have replaced it in their system with a product that is similar but not made by BlackJack. Does it have to have the fibers in it or would any rubber coating work? I am supposed to get this done by the weekend, not sure how that is gonna turn out now.
barnie.gif

JackE, I so wanted to find this. I ordered on the website to pick up and when I got there, they have replaced it in their system with a product that is similar but not made by BlackJack. Does it have to have the fibers in it or would any rubber coating work? I am supposed to get this done by the weekend, not sure how that is gonna turn out now.
barnie.gif
It would probably work just as well. When I first bought the Blackjack, I knew I wanted to go with some kind of roofcoat. With the idea that if it could protect a roof throughout the year, through all kinds of weather, a coop floor would be nothing to it. The Blackjack was actually the cheapest stuff they had, that's was initially the biggest reason I bought it. So the stuff you are getting would most likely work just as well. Just make sure you "Stir it well". The stuff is pretty thick.

What do u guys think about that dry lock paint?? Has anybody used it? Is it safe for chickens? I was wanting to use this in my outdoor brooder.

Back
Top Bottom