Chicken Coop names: What did you name your coop/coops

The original coop is the "Clutch Hutch", as in clutch of eggs.

DCP_3872.jpg

We don't really have a name for ours. (I'm about ready to call all of the area, "The Chicken Ghetto," if it doesn't get cleaned up out there; made worse with all the mud!) But we refer to them. This one, we refer to as, "The Boat Barn," which is not a barn at all.

31282_digital_camera_pictures_014.jpg

Sometimes we call it, "The Breeder Barn," because we are working on breeder pens inside it now.
31282_oct_25_2009_seramas_coop_work_024.jpg

Then, we have, "The Layer's Coop," (because it has nests in it, LOL), This was our original chicken coop .... you know, the one and only (in the beginning)! ha
31282_oct_19_2009_marans_jg_chicks_coops_012.jpg

Next, we have the, "Serama's Coop," ... obviously, Serama's live there (for 2 more days!) It's rabbit hutch style. They are leaving in a couple days, and so is the hutch/coop!
31282_digital_camera_pictures_115.jpg

And, there is the, "Bachelor's Pad." That's the one behind the Serama's coop. Don't have a decent picture of it!
31282_digital_camera_pictures_114.jpg

Lastly, there is the, "Silkie's Shack," for obvious reasons ... It is attached to the boat barn.
31282_oct_25_2009_seramas_coop_work_026.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished my coop - - my brother was here from Minnesota over the holidays and we built it together - he is a master electrician and a major perfectionist - - all during construction I had to keep saying to him."It's just a chicken coop!" He had a bit of trouble with that one!

Just got all the painting done and the sign finished - have a little bit of backfilling to do but it is ready for chicks!!!

I think it turned out great - - went back and forth on names and finally settled on the Red Door Roost!

Have a bit of work inside to finish up - - poop boards and roosts - and a second layer of nesting boxes - as I read about the DLM after I built them on the floor of the coop - - and now realize the openings will be covered up in a short time!
hmm.png

Now all that is missing is the birds!!!! Ordered for mid-Feb!!!
big_smile.png

46366_red_door_roost_001.jpg

Notice the tree leafing out in the foreground! Western WA state has had the warmest January on record - crazy temps in the 50's and sunshine! Could be trouble if we get another freeze
sad.png

Here is a close-up of the sign - used a piece of the wallpaper border from my kitchen - - I love the french country look!
46366_red_door_roost_006.jpg

Mine is being made out of an old outhouse... I'm not sure if I want to call it

Le Coop de Pooh.. or Le Coop de Poop.............either way will work!
wink.png

we have yet to figure out a name for out coop but I am leaning around:

"muddy Cluckers" (we are having issues with a muddy run with all of this constant rain) or
"Chook Mansion" (they have a rather large coop area) or
"Casa-Bawk-a"

Back
Top Bottom