Chicken Coop names: What did you name your coop/coops

I'm working on our coop and plan to name it "Band of Brooders." I want to use this image, remove the soldiers and replace it with silhouettes of chicks.

bblogo.jpg

Last edited:
Our coop is a converted room in a building on the property. When we first looked at the property, we thought this building was just a shack, it was so run down looking, it actually brought the value of the property down! Then we found out, someone was LIVING THERE!!! Some relative of the property owner. The guy's name was Jimmy. He moved out when we bought the property, but of course now the building is "Jimmy's". When we first moved in we were going to have a party and the invitations would say "party at Jimmy's" - lol - because everyone who knew us knew the story of Jimmy. Turns out the structure is fairly decent with a concrete pad, so we use it for storage and, now, a chicken coop. So the name "Jimmy" has to be in the coop name somehow. I'm thinking of "Jimmy's Chicken Wing", since we converted one room in the coop, that would be a "wing" - lol! Or "Jimmy's Hen House"..."Jimmy's Chicken Suite". Really leaning towards "Jimmy's Chicken Wing" though...

Open to suggestions, just keep "Jimmy" in there!

Quote:
....and here i thought you were going to say Jimmy's Buffett...ok, maybe not as clever typed... but it was funny when it was rambling in my head.
hide.gif

We have them labeled according to the resident roos: "Freddy's Flock" and "Harry's Harem". And when we got 10 new babies, somebody gave us the "Ten Chicken Nuggets" label off their McDonald's box and we laminated it and put it on their brooder box.

Oh dear. . .

Chickenheim - the main coop
Duckgard - duck pens
Bunhalla - rabbit enclosure

Love shack - breeding hutch
Rowdy Roost - grow out hutch
Bantie barn - bantam coop and pen

We haven't named the black coop and attached pen we're currently building to temporarily house a breeding foursome. Its done time as a duck brooding house and now its going to be the ugliest, tackiest thing ever. For our fancy, show Ameraucanas. LOL

Quote:
....and here i thought you were going to say Jimmy's Buffett...ok, maybe not as clever typed... but it was funny when it was rambling in my head.
hide.gif

Jimmy's Buffet -
lol.png
If they were meat chickens I would, that would be perfect!! Eggs only
smile.png

I named ours "motel chix" and designed the logo idea as a play on motel 6. It should be finished this weekend
wink.png
and ready for it's first guests.

102258_motel_chix_5x5.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom