Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SillyChick10

Hatching
Sep 7, 2015
Hi, I will be getting some Brahma baby chickens soon, and I know that the first few weeks I will keep them in a brooder inside the house. But the problem is that I have no idea what to do about the coop part!!!
sad.png
We are not good at building things like that with wood, and we are on a tight budget so a $150 coop is even to much for a chicken coop for us. Either we need a easy to build coop,or buy one thats price ranges $50-$100. We are only getting 4 Brahmas all hens so i will not need that big of a coop. And also do you think Brahma's can survive the Texas summer heat? Our temps can sometimes go a little over 100º Fahrenhiet. Thanks I hope someone can reply soon.

I've raised Brahmas in NE Texas and they do tend to wilt a bit in the heat (panting with drooping wings). Make sure that you have plenty of shade, fresh water, and a very well ventilated coop for them. Also, feeding them iced treats such as frozen watermelon in the summer will help. The winter cold is no problem for them and their pea combs are virtually impervious to frostbite.

Back
Top Bottom