Chicken eggs on day 19. First time hatching chicken eggs in a incubator. When do they start to move

horselv2003

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 6, 2013
I have 4 chicken eggs that are on day 19. They have been removed from the turners and are on the bottom of the incubator. What happens now? When should I see them move and break through the shell? How do I know if they are still okay inside? This is my first time and I'm getting nervous that something is wrong or I should be doing something differently.

Calm down lol. Just dont do anything. Seriously. Monitor humidity and temperature and thats it. Dont even look at them or you'll drive yourself crazy. I tell you this, but i always do the same thing. I am completely impatient and nervous. Just relax. Dont expect anything until late in the 21st day. Some chicks hatch on day 19. Some chicks hatch on day 23. its varies. So just sit back and forget about them. Usually around day 20 you can hear chirping or you can see eggs rocking back and forth. On the 21st day you usually see your first pip and then a couple hours later it starts zipping. Some take over 24 hours to zip from the first pip. So just let go and watch. Dont open the bator!!! Well try not to. Honestly i love picking up an egg and hearing and feeling the little guy inside waiting to come out. its really cool. But you shouldnt really do that lol. Make sure your humidity is right. Around 70%. This is crucial.

Two out of the four have pips in them. One was there when I woke up this morning and one a hour or so ago. I haven't been able to resist picking them up to hear them scratching and moving around inside but I do it very quickly. The other two have not moved that I have seen so hopefully they will pip still.

Calm down lol. Just dont do anything. Seriously. Monitor humidity and temperature and thats it. Dont even look at them or you'll drive yourself crazy. I tell you this, but i always do the same thing. I am completely impatient and nervous. Just relax. Dont expect anything until late in the 21st day. Some chicks hatch on day 19. Some chicks hatch on day 23. its varies. So just sit back and forget about them. Usually around day 20 you can hear chirping or you can see eggs rocking back and forth. On the 21st day you usually see your first pip and then a couple hours later it starts zipping. Some take over 24 hours to zip from the first pip. So just let go and watch. Dont open the bator!!! Well try not to. Honestly i love picking up an egg and hearing and feeling the little guy inside waiting to come out. its really cool. But you shouldnt really do that lol. Make sure your humidity is right. Around 70%. This is crucial.
What if I have it set to 70, But it's only at about 43? It said that the last 3 days I have to have the back air vent all the way open, and it is all the way open. The humidity doesn't reach the number that it's set to.

What if I have it set to 70, But it's only at about 43? It said that the last 3 days I have to have the back air vent all the way open, and it is all the way open. The humidity doesn't reach the number that it's set to.
Close vent halfway and/or add a bowl of water to increase humidity.

Back
Top Bottom