Chicken farming in Spain

OsirisO

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 9, 2014
Hello everyone. My name is Erich and this is my first and hopefully successful endeavor into chicken keeping. I started about 2 months ago. Im a Canadian living in South Spain. Ive redently moved from the night life of Mallorca to a finca(farm) here on the mainland. I have started a cornfield on my 2 acres and have constructed a 50' × 50' enclosure for the chickens. There rooofed house is 15' x 10'. I have 20 laying portals and room for around 40 chickens. I have made various perches fot them to hang out on. So far I have 24 chickens of various age and 2 turkeys. M chickens are of various local breeds. My turkeys are bbb's. As of a couple days ago one of my turkeys can not stand up. As he is only around 3 months old I am undecided if I should process him or try and keep him fed and watered and moved every few hours. I have him in a seperate enclosure now Nd have been trying my best. He eats and drinks and poops accordingly but his quality of life is deminished. Any thoughts out there? Will he be content to grow till christmas? Should I cut my loses and enjoy him now? On the lighter note, my chickens are doin well and give about 3 to 6 eggs a day. Some are still young but I assume he number will increase over the next 4 weeks. Anyway thanks for reading and hope to see all around backyardchickens.com.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I am sorry about your turkey. You will want to post this in our Turkey section or even our emergency section for more help...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/20/turkeys

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

I hope you can get this resolved soon.

Welcome to BYC! I'm a chicken person and don't know much about turkeys (never had any), but I hope your turkey gets better real soon. Good luck.

I'm coming in late on this but, I hope your turkey has recovered. We appreciate updates to know if our advice was of any help to the posters.

Back
Top Bottom