Chicken feed conspiracy hoax

jmendoza

In the Brooder
Oct 10, 2022
My hens have slowed down laying, but interestingly, it has more to do with the heavy rain and dark days and all the clouds. In between storms, after a couple dry and warm sunny days, they resume laying. Last year, with an extra 2 hours of light from a lamp in their roost in the morning and evening, they laid steadily through their first winter. This Fall they molted, but it barely slowed their egg production as I gave them lots of extra protein to speed up their new feather growth. Anyway, from what I have been experiencing, it is not the feed, it is the unusually cold and long lasting storm systems triggering the hens to stop laying. Some have suggested it is a Purina led conspiracy to force backyard and small egg producers to buy eggs by doctoring the feed so hens won't lay. Some days I get 4 eggs , as I have 4 hens, but when we get a week of solid rain, I may not get but 1 or two eggs a day and sometimes none. It is bitter cold here and we are getting snow and hail, which is highly unusual, it only happens once every 10-20 years at best. I am near San Juan Capistrano California.

For the newbies to chickens, they don't just react to the amount of daylight, but also, since baby chicks do not survive in extremely cold weather, hens also react to extreme heat or cold and back off on laying. This year has been unusual in that we have had a bunch overy heavy cold rain storms moving through as clustered storm systems for up to 2-weeks at a time. This cycle comes at 10, 20, and 50 year intervals, and like all weather,it is unpredictable. There is no chicken feed conspiracy, only hens reacting normally to mother nature. BTW, climate change is for real, but it is just another new-wave name that describes the 4 seasons. We get extreme cold and heat in the seasons and sometimes they overlap or are colder, warmer, wetter or dryer, it's just nature. The real reason for "climate change paranoia" is to get more money out of people and charge more for energy like fuel and electricity, it is all about exploiting people ignorance of how weather and the four seasons work to get more money .

There was a lot of wild birds that died from the -21 degree weather, that lasted along time in our area. They admitted they could not even get to the birds to test them to see why they died. Then they said "Oh it must have been avian flu." They could not just say they died from the cold.

In Hawaii, if you get bit by a shark and then drown, they call it a drowning, because they want the tourists to keep coming.

My point is if the birds had the avian flu, and were weakened by the cold and the avian flu, the cold still killed them. But avian flu allows for more government intervention.

What ever is most convenient, or useable.

Last edited:
Avian flu is a worldwide problem in tropical countries as well as in the USA year round, regardless of season. You can check APHIS for the year to year data.

eggs are made of plastic

Interesting... I wonder if they're laid by this breed of chicken. 🤣

Z1.jpg

Well, Wally Werld eggs DO taste like plastic. I wonder if they're using synthetic chickens to produce them. At least it would cut down on feed costs. And robot chickens wouldn't suffer like the real kind do in those horrible barns.

Back
Top Bottom