Chicken foot abrasion

Fab4

In the Brooder
Mar 12, 2022
Hello everyone!
This is my first time posting on here
since joining 2 years ago when we became chicken owners for the first time. My question is about a sore/abrasion I noticed on my Lavender orpington. Should I be doing something? If so, what exactly do I do? She's not bothered by it at all. I think it's been there for about 2 weeks (apparently my daughter noticed it earlier but didn't tell me). Thank you in advance!
Kim

Attachments

• IMG_2397.jpeg
    IMG_2397.jpeg
    727.7 KB · Views: 13
Hello everyone!
This is my first time posting on here
since joining 2 years ago when we became chicken owners for the first time. My question is about a sore/abrasion I noticed on my Lavender orpington. Should I be doing something? If so, what exactly do I do? She's not bothered by it at all. I think it's been there for about 2 weeks (apparently my daughter noticed it earlier but didn't tell me). Thank you in advance!
Kim
It doesn't look infected, nor that it is getting pecked, so at this point I'd leave it to heal up on its own.

You might pick up some Vetericyn spray to have on hand if it ever happens again or should that for some reason open back up.

Triple antibiotic ointment (without the painkiller in it) would moisturize it but it's not open so it's not helping anything else. That's another thing if you have any laying around that helps wounds when needed.

Welcome to BYC!! :frow

Can you get a picture of both feet and legs side by side? Does the foot look swollen to you? Is the left foot similar? Is she limping or walking gingerly? I use Betadine, chlorhexidene, or triple antibiotic ointment for leg wounds.

Back
Top Bottom