Chicken gurgling

I am hoping it doesn't get to the injections if the bread method works. She sounds just awful down there but I guess I just have to wait and hope the tylan kicks in overnight! Nothing more I can do. Thanks again for the help.

The tylan did the trick for both hens who were sick. They both received the injections and after about 3 days the gurgling subsided and they recovered! If you have a gurgler I would definitely segregate her and get her on the antibiotics immediately. Is it just one for now?

Yes just one hen, I've separated her from the flock. She seems to be resting easy and a bit less gurgley, hoping I don't have to use Tylan.

Keep a close eye. Mine went down fast. At least she's separated and won't infect anyone else. I was told to completely clean the coop to make sure no infection was still there. Was NOT an easy task and I at least had above freezing weather. I don't know if it's even possible for you but a suggestion if she is indeed sick to keep the others safe. I hope she gets better!

well i gave my Sussex Rooster Tylan 50 1cc since Thursday and he still sounds bad, he is still moving around and eating and drinking water.... what do i need to do, do i need to give him more then 1cc

well i gave my Sussex Rooster Tylan 50 1cc since Thursday and he still sounds bad, he is still moving around and eating and drinking water.... what do i need to do, do i need to give him more then 1cc
How much does he weigh? If he were mine I would give .6cc - .8cc per 2.2 pounds (30-40mg/kg).

Disclaimer: I have only used Tylan 50 once and the amount I used was based on this info in Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook:

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom