Chicken has pale comb and less active

GudaRen

In the Brooder
Apr 29, 2023
One of my hen is having pale comb. She is less active, not foraging as much as the other hens, like sometimes she just stands there alone doing nothing and just staring. She drinks and eats, but she feels kinda light. She is still alert, it was not easy to catch her. I checked her skin, I don’t see any bugs, her vent is clean, I don’t see feather lost. I am not sure about her egg production. Every one else in the flock seems fine. I am not sure what is happening. Please advice. Thank you!

Do you have photos of her and her poop?

It would be good to know if she's laying eggs or not.

Check to make sure her crop is emptying overnight, look again for lice/mites and check again to see if you notice if she's molting, look her over for any injury, the bottom of her feet for bumblefoot.

Do watch to see if she's actually eating/drinking, you can give her vitamins a couple of times a week to see if they help give her a boost.

One of my hen is having pale comb. She is less active, not foraging as much as the other hens, like sometimes she just stands there alone doing nothing and just staring. She drinks and eats, but she feels kinda light. She is still alert, it was not easy to catch her. I checked her skin, I don’t see any bugs, her vent is clean, I don’t see feather lost. I am not sure about her egg production. Every one else in the flock seems fine. I am not sure what is happening. Please advice. Thank you!

I had the same issue with one of my girls about a month ago, and it turned out to be the signs of her molt starting. She started losing feathers a few days later. She was lethargic and pale for a few days before that, though, and I was very worried. I gave her some Nutri-Drench for a couple of days to make sure she was getting what she needed. She's looking balder these days, but her energy levels are better and she's not as pale. And the rest of my flock is starting to molt now, too. I hope that's all it turns out to be for your girl.

Back
Top Bottom