Chicken Hatcheries willing to Export outside the U.S.

Apr 5, 2019
Hello Fellow Members,

I'll like to know if there are hatcheries in the United States willing to export day-old chicks internationally? I realize that many hatcheries ONLY ship within the U.S using the USPS, therefore I would have to organize shipment on the final leg via airfreight from a U.S Airport. This, I'm willing to do and also accept that the possibility that the DOA of my chicks will be higher than normal.

My biggest issue is the Health Certificate requirements by my import country the Cayman Islands (see attached Health Certificate Requirements). I basically need a USDA Veterinarian to inspect the hatchery/parent flock and confirm that the birds are disease free, for this service I'm willing to pay all cost associated with the Inspections.

Does anyone know of a Vet and Hatchery that will provide this service?

Any response and advice will be greatly appreciate.

Regards,

Anthony (IslandFarmer2019).

Attachments

• Importation of Poultry Hatching Eggs - Revised 18th April 2012.pdf
    175.9 KB · Views: 23
Thanks you Texas Kiki & Acre4Me, your information is helpful. I've contact a number of hatcheries on this list and they've replied indicating they cannot supply a Health Certificate or meet the parameters of all inspections required.

I will continue to contact the others and see if they can help. Didn't realize it would be such a daunting task to purchase and import chicks from the U.S. to Cayman Islands. I'm wondering if there are any Veterinarians who are BYC Members that can assist with info?

Back
Top Bottom