Chicken Having a hard time walking & Standing on its Feet

Kimmy

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 8, 2009
NW Oregon
Hello,
I had a Brahma Hen pass away yesterday. Last nite I noticed another hen having trouble walking & observed it eating while laying. I've tried reading up on diseases/illnesses. There's too many that sound like it.
So I thought I'd post here in hopes that someone may have encountered the same issue.
Thank you!
Kimmy

Also,
We have a flock of 30 Chickens, they're let out during the day & have plenty of grass to eat. My dad observed her today & said that it's almost like it's weight is too heavy for it's body.
We're feeding Grits for a treat, we have egg shells out, they're not eating pellets, its not ground, they're like little beeds of grain.
Could this be a vitamin deficency?

Last edited:
did you ever get a reply? i have the same problem.. on chick starter, but can't stand up... someone messaged me telling me to try poly vi sol without iron.. did you try it? best wishes...

With so little info to go on the most likely cause is Mareks Disease. Check the eyes, if they are cloudy then that will confirm Mareks.

Is it possible that they came into contact with mycotoxins (anything moldy or decaying)? That will cause the drunk/weak leg behavior.

Could be a vitamin B deficiency, what exactly are you feeding them? I didn't understand your post.

Back
Top Bottom