Chicken hobbling on one leg after chicken tractor incident

raisinchicken

In the Brooder
May 7, 2023
On 5/2 I moved my chicken tractor and one of the chickens got its leg stuck underneath the tractor. She started limping around and wouldn’t put her foot down and will use her wing to balance herself. Nothing seems to be broken on that day nor 5 days later. I did isolate her from the others right away. Her egg production has not decreased. How do I know if nothing is broken? Or what else may be going on?

It sounds like an injury. Is there any green bruising, redness, or swelling of the leg? If a vet is possible, an xray could rule out a fracture. If not, she may eventually get better by limiting her activity.

It sounds like an injury. Is there any green bruising, redness, or swelling of the leg? If a vet is possible, an xray could rule out a fracture. If not, she may eventually get better by limiting her activity.
I don’t see any bruising, redness or swelling.
The chicken isn’t worth a vet visit, but if time is all she needs and extra care I’ll put the time into her that way.
Attached is a photo of her when I quickly took her out to check her bedding over.

Attachments

• IMG_7009.png
    IMG_7009.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom