Chicken itchy

Peran9

Chirping
Jul 9, 2019
Hi
i m new this site forum. i would like to know if anyone can tell me why my chicken are itchy even though is powdered them around 2-3 times past 2-3 weeks and there no signes or mites or lices in them. also they are healthy daily activiates and food and water all good. still they are very itchy. is it that they are shedding their feathers to grow new ones.?

Hi
i m new this site forum. i would like to know if anyone can tell me why my chicken are itchy even though is powdered them around 2-3 times past 2-3 weeks and there no signes or mites or lices in them. also they are healthy daily activiates and food and water all good. still they are very itchy. is it that they are shedding their feathers to grow new ones.?

Welcome to BYC! We’re glad you joined and hope you have a good time. Now to answer your questions. I don’t know anything about a chicken being itchy.. Is it very often? Well considering mites and life are tiny, it would be good to double check. Besides, are all of your chickens itchy? Mites and lice can spread easily. I don’t know anything about molting behavior, mine don’t molt apparently. It is July, so molting is possible. Anyways, welcome to BYC!

Welcome to BYC! We’re glad you joined and hope you have a good time. Now to answer your questions. I don’t know anything about a chicken being itchy.. Is it very often? Well considering mites and life are tiny, it would be good to double check. Besides, are all of your chickens itchy? Mites and lice can spread easily. I don’t know anything about molting behavior, mine don’t molt apparently. It is July, so molting is possible. Anyways, welcome to BYC!

I am going to double check them if its mites or lice. thank you. i will get back when i have double checked.

DIATOMACEOUS EARTH Feed Grade DE Powder. Also i will upload pic today later.
Stop dusting... that stuff is said to create micro cuts to dehydrate it's victims... Food grade or not... NOT welcome at my place EVER.

Also very ineffective against any infestation, especially in humid environments, like mine here on the coast.

Check after dark with a flashlight parting feathers below vent and on abdomen and look for crawlie things running away.. to get the best true picture possible. Is the skin red and angry when you do this or just flesh colored? Will wait for the bird pics as feather condition can tell a story. Also, as to feather condition and your question of molt, please state the birds ages. :)

Back
Top Bottom