Chicken "Jungle Gym"...video of Swinging Chicken Penelope

I didn't look at your location before I clicked on the video link but as soon as I heard your voice I knew you were from Louisiana. Ahhh... music to my ears to hear that cajun accent. I have lots of family there in Baton Rouge and Lafayette. It just made me smile. Thank you.

I love this run. I am definitely going to look at putting in some fun stuff in the new coop. Your chickens must be so happy and entertained
smile.png

Pawsplus, It is a piece of a cypress tree trunk. I had to take out the tree sadly due to close proximity to our pool. Anyway, good idea on using cable instead of chain. Never thought of that. Will see how it goes with chain for now. They generally do the swing thing one at a time and are always in the middle, not close to the chain. but i will keep it in mind. Thanks.
Erik

Abercrombie575, Yes you nailed it on the head. Southern Louisiana....Slidell. I have two daughters and a sh*t load of grandkids in Atlanta. Go there alot. Actually, my 12 year old Grnadson from ATL is the one that got me hooked on chickens....go to my page and look at other pages I have. There is a link to my other page showing the chicken tractor I built for him and suprised him with. Any way, thanks for cheking out the video. Hey, where ya at in GA? Just curious. Just got back from Ellijay, in N GA. Helped rebuild an animal shelter that was destroyed by tornado. there were over 300 of us volunteering from all over the country. Pretty cool.....I do this every year somewher in US that was afected by some type of natural disaster. Anyway....thanks for the sweet comments.
erik

Quote:
Not a problem, sir. I had all the materials laying around and put one together in about a half hour last night. I made it wide enough for a few birds.

By the way, I don't look at it as work... I've enjoyed every minute of this project since I started it in May.

Fireguy56 - love,love your set up! You must have the happiest chickens in the world. Thanks so much for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom