Chicken legs

SherylCombs

Chirping
Mar 25, 2020
Fredonia, Kentucky
So our chickens has her legs sticking out or one of them and she lays around not eating or drinking, we hand feed and drink her but she is alert and stands once in awhile.

Attachments

• IMG_20230228_050834925.jpg
    IMG_20230228_050834925.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20230228_050803906.jpg
    IMG_20230228_050803906.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230228_050753732.jpg
    IMG_20230228_050753732.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 1
How old is she? Could she have been injured by jumping off a roost, or could a rooster have hurt her? Was she vaccinated for Mareks disease? Do her toes on that foot move, and will she wrap her toes around your finger? Are you keeping her separated near food and water? A chicken sling chair might help get her upright and make it easier to feed her. I would give her some b complex vitamins 1/4-1/2 tablet daily, crushed in food or a spoonful of water.

What is her diet? Any other symptoms?
She will eat yogurt, bird seed and her regular food but we don't know if she eats on her own. I work and my husband said he hasn't seen her eat on her own so he feeds
How old is she? Could she have been injured by jumping off a roost, or could a rooster have hurt her? Was she vaccinated for Mareks disease? Do her toes on that foot move, and will she wrap her toes around your finger? Are you keeping her separated near food and water? A chicken sling chair might help get her upright and make it easier to feed her. I would give her some b complex vitamins 1/4-1/2 tablet daily, crushed in food or a spoonful of water.

her. She eats peanut butter good it's her favorite but she just lays around with her leg out doesn't move all day. She seems to not be sick but she is very light, has no mass about her. We have her inside and she goes into her own cage and just lays there. She doesn't even want to go outside anymore.

She will eat yogurt, bird seed and her regular food but we don't know if she eats on her own. I work and my husband said he hasn't seen her eat on her own so he feeds

her. She eats peanut butter good it's her favorite but she just lays around with her leg out doesn't move all day. She seems to not be sick but she is very light, has no mass about her. We have her inside and she goes into her own cage and just lays there. She doesn't even want to go outside anymore.

She is 3 years old. Don't know for sure if she jumped off her roost. She may have been fighting with another, it's just her one leg. We got her from Tractor Supply I don't know if they vaccinate for Marek's disease. She does wrap her toe around my finger. Now are those tablets/ vitamins we all take to give her? Her poop is white and black runny.

Yes, the Vitamin is like those we take.
Is the "white & black runny" poop all the time or possible the cecal poop?
Have you examined her leg, does it hang limp? '
Or does she just not want to stand on it?

Chicken sling for hurt leg
She just has a little trouble standing and walking on it. I'm sorry my husband said her poop is yellow runny with green spinach like.

Tractor Supply does not vaccinate their chicks. I would try to get her eating a diet of mostly chicken feed and a little egg. You can moisten some of the feed to make it more appealing. My chickens love scrambled egg bits. The vitamin b complex tablets can be crushed into a little water or mixed with a small amount of food or egg. Poop pictures are welcome.

Back
Top Bottom