chicken love from kansas

arikli

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 27, 2014
wichita
Hi I'm from Kansas and I feel ill and found a new reason to live. I love my chickens and I have to get up everyday to care for them. I got lupus, fybromyalga, some short term memory loss, and other stuff. On top of that my family wears me out so my chickens they made me smile, laugh and feel again and when I needed help BYC was there for me. I love this sight and useful stories and information.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Glad to hear you are enjoying your new flock and they help you deal with illnesses, hope you get to feeling better.

Thank you. I got many different varieties. I wanted one of each but I don't think my husband is going to let it happen. My frizzle makes me laugh every time she runs away. My turkins start such a commotion when people come to visit and my serma rooster is my spoiled brat that naps with me.

Thank you I'm enjoying the fact that this is such a big involved chicken community. This is amazing.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us! Chickens are wonderful sanity savers, I agree! Enjoy the site!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

They say pets can help you to live longer! I am glad they are helping you so much, and I hope they continue to bring you great joy.
hugs.gif

Pets certainly do add zest to living. I am glad your chickens are such a comfort to you. How did you know I love red frizzles? What a little doll!

There is a fairly new thread on BYC called "How about a new thread for those of us in wheelchairs?" Most of the posters are not in wheel chairs but have various physical or mental limitations. The idea for the thread is people coming up with solutions that make their everyday chores easier to manage. This is a very good, positive thread - I believe it is in the Rambling forum.

I check in often as I have friends that ride the senior bus - have no chickens or computers, and pass along any tips that would benefit them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom