Chicken lover!

That's how I feel too! But we will get the hang of it, hopefully! What a wealth of information is here!
I can remember feeling that way but @TwoCrows is right as that I remember doing...clicking everything lol. What is mostly clicked by me and probably most is the Forums tab.

Love my chickens! I have 8 "Mutts" right now but have Barred
Rock eggs in the incubator and hope for a good hatch. Hope to learn lots of interesting and useful stuff here.
I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I love to go sit on the porch with my tea in the morning and listen to the "Girls" chat about what they're going to do with their day. They always cone up to say, "Hello" and ask for their morning meal worms.
My new pup, Lulu, is having issues with Baby Huey, the Roo. So far Lulu is getting the worst of it. BH stands his ground until Lulu gets too close and then chases her around the yard. It was an exciting morning :D.
Welcome. I love your intro. Lulu and Baby Huey will end up being the best of buddies. I love the UP. I grew up in Plymouth. Between every other long weekend camping trips - most of it going to the UP and traveling to the UP during the 4-years I was in the Fife & Drum Corp; it became my favorite place to be.

Well, Welcome to you too! I think I need a map to find my way around here. I'm afraid I will post something in the wrong place or get totally lost trying to find answers! At least by the time I
find my way home, I should have learned a few things, eh?
What fun:celebrate
Don't worry about that...members are kind here.

Hello, and welcome to BYC. I'd limit the dog/rooster interaction. One day the dog will have had enough, and that will not bode well for your flock.
I have to
I can remember feeling that way but @TwoCrows is right as that I remember doing...clicking everything lol. What is mostly clicked by me and probably most is the Forums tab.
Been trying to just click and check everything out! There’s so much to go through!

What a great group of folks!!
Thanks for the answers to my Nurture 360 question. I see it is working fine now, I was stressing I suppose.
For those of you concerned about Lulu becoming a chicken assassin, she is a 11 lb. Mini Berne doodle and full grown. BH (I have been told he is a Jersey Giant), is much bigger than she is. She puts up a brave front until he starts chasing her and then she's on the porch, behind my chair. Lulu is more chicken than Huey is :lol:.
Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Welcome. I love your intro. Lulu and Baby Huey will end up being the best of buddies. I love the UP. I grew up in Plymouth. Between every other long weekend camping trips - most of it going to the UP and traveling to the UP during the 4-years I was in the Fife & Drum Corp; it became my favorite place to be.
Hi there and thanks for the "Welcome".
Nice to chat with another Michigander! I have just moved back to the UP after 32 years in Montana. Montana isn't as "Isolated" as it used to be but the UP is the same as it was years ago. Nice and quiet. Yes, a great place to camp in spite of the bugs.:barnie
I used to go to the Fife and Drum competitions in Wisconsin with a cousin years ago. It was always fun to see if we could pick the winners. I haven't been here long enough now to know if they have them in the UP. Do you know? If so, where could I look for a schedule? I need to be doing more than chicken-sitting:lau.
Nice chatting with you.

Back
Top Bottom