Chicken Muzzles??-----Anyone???

chiknwhisperer

Songster
11 Years
May 9, 2008
Lowell, IN
My DH has requested me to find out if there is such a thing as a muzzle for a chicken. He perfers not to hear mt wonderful handsome rooster before 10 am. I love to hear the crowing but I guess DH would rather hear the barking of our dogs. Why that is I don't know. To each their own I guess. He doesn't have a problem with my hens but he really doesn't like my roo. I also have already informed him that if I take my roo away one of my hens will start crowing.
idunno.gif

Last edited:
I learned to muzzle my crowing hen...
I put it around her neck under her chin and attached it to her leash...she couldn't lift her head up so that even if she did manage to crow it came out more of an Urk!

But what did you use for a leash and a muzzle? I'm not sure how to do it. I couldn't figure it out. Personally I would rather not but gotta keep hubby happy lol. I can just imagine what my poor roo will think of it now
lau.gif

I've been searching everywhere about muzzles on the internet but I can't find the kind we are looking for. The ones I found all have to do with them not biting and stuff. Nothing to do with the crowing. But I did see that you can fit your chicken with a small cat or ferret harness and leash. It is the H style harness and they wear it just like a dog. One lady trains her birds to walk with her.

Can you darken the coop windows so the rooster will sleep in a little later? Use shades of some type? I think this has been mentioned on the board before.

He sleeps in till about nine in the morning because I keep him in the basement with a dark sheet over him. Hubby just plain doesn't like the crowing AT ALL. Which is starting to become a thorn in my side. He said to let him crow as much as I want when he isn't home but when he is home he doesn't like hearing him. I'm about ready to say just get used to it becasue I can't figure out how to muzzle a chicken and what to use as a muzzle. I say let him crow. It isn't hurting anything.

Back
Top Bottom