Chicken names?

My turn! I have my 3 we received last week and to continue on our Seinfeld naming scheme (we have a girl goat named Soda and a boy goat named Seven) I named the chicks Schmoopie, Mulva and Delores! 2 Points to people who get it LOL...The brown chicks in my profile pic - I cant tell them apart so we can easily interchange Mulva and Delores - 4 points if you get it LOL

If one turns out to be a Roo (hopefully not! They are supposed to be sexed) we will call him Little Jerry!

My turn! I have my 3 we received last week and to continue on our Seinfeld naming scheme (we have a girl goat named Soda and a boy goat named Seven) I named the chicks Schmoopie, Mulva and Delores! 2 Points to people who get it LOL...The brown chicks in my profile pic - I cant tell them apart so we can easily interchange Mulva and Delores - 4 points if you get it LOL

If one turns out to be a Roo (hopefully not! They are supposed to be sexed) we will call him Little Jerry!

You actually named a chick Mulva? LOL Love the Seinfeld references. Your chicks must be very spongeworthy to get such honored names.
wink.png

Last edited:
Mine are:
Madonna
Cher
Julia
Jennifer
My daughter wanted them to have movie starlet names. The hair color of the star corrisponds the the birds feather color, so I can remember their names..

Mine are Ariel, Belle, Goldilocks, Snow White and Cinderella, and they all correspond with their feather colors also! My cat is named Jasmine and that's how it started . . . but Cinderella may be Prince Charming, she/he crowed the other day! We'll just have to wait and see, they are only 9 weeks.

i've only named one of my chicks so far, he/she is an all black frizzle bantam cochin, i think its a he. so i called him Mr. Tibbs.

the other 3 don't have names yet. i think i might name them old lady names, just because lol. maybe copy toy story and call one Mrs. Nezbit

Our newest chicks born from our first broodies are: Speedy (first born), nugget, taffy, trey, jack, ace and duce. Second broody we've only named one and that is because we know whose egg it was momma is an EE and her name is Lily Bean, so we called the chick Jelly Bean. The four named after cards are leghorn mixes and they are all whiteish/yellow chicks and that black spot on them, hence one black dot is Ace and so on. Jack has a bunch of dots,too cute.

Violated my rule already, the rooster in my thumbnail is now Prince - skinny guy is all show, shimmy and flash.

Last edited:
I like my chicken's names to be unique (my family considers them complicated though)

Silkies and Polish:

Arwen (black)
Gladdy (buff)
Linky (black)
Pompadour (white)
Delilah (white crested black)
Shenzi (golden)
Miss Maudie (unsure)
Whimsy (partridge)
Midna (unsure)

You gotta have funny names for funny chickens :)

Back
Top Bottom