Chicken names!

beatriceanrufus

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 20, 2013
i am going to be getting 5 new chicks later this month, 1 white crested black polish, 1 white silkie, 1 black frizzle cochin bantam, 1 black sumatra, and 1 silver laced polish! Any cute, adorable, name ideas? I like the old lady names, right now I have a Rufus and Beatrice.

I LOVE old lady names lol I think it's because I hate my generations and those after me. And I really hate people who give their children names like "North West"
roll.png

Anyways, I could rant about names forever so here are a few of my favorite favorite names

Charolette
Gertrude (Gerty)
Dorothy (Dot)
Joesphine
Blanche
Eleanor
Hazel
Lillian
Mabel
Bessie (my cars name :) )
Pearl (awesome name for a white chicken)
Rose
Ruby
Nellie
Cora
Evelyn
Vera

And always the classic......
Lucy
Ethel

Last edited:
My granddaughter named my chickens:

Roto & Sissory - Wellsummers
Scram & Bulls - Russian Orloffs
Violett & Blossom - Gold Wyandotts
Mojojojo - Banty
Bubbles - Polish Crested
Karen - Brahmin
The Blonde Squad - Buff Orpingtons that are indistinguishable from one another

Roto ended up being a rooster and is now Roto-Rooster
Sissory I call Sissy
Scram inherited her buddy's name and is now Scrambles (she's a messy looking Orloff)
Bulls became Woolley-Bully, another rooster, who now lives next door
The Blonde Squad has been further defined as Buffy, Blondie, and Goldie but I can only tell them apart if they are right next to one another

Not sure about cute names but here are the names of some of ours.

Sam, Cas, Dean, Gabe: The oldest roosters.
Chuck Norris: Youngest rooster, younger brother to the above, only rooster in a clutch with 9 sisters!
Bob: The big daddy of all our flock, (R.I.P)
Mama Sue: The big momma of our flock
Stephano: The name of nearly every single hen in our flock because they all look the same! ^.^
Legs: The random (breed unknown) hen who adopted us when she showed up on our property. Sticks out like a sore thumb in the crowd.
GoldWing: Little golden chick
SilverWing: Little silver chick
Jet Li: The youngest outside chick whom has no siblings and finds joy in dive bombing the roosters! Even though he's only 1 month old!

and, of course, Sp00n. The indoor chick whose just not as sharp as a fork.

Back
Top Bottom