Chicken nesting boxes

Chicken Egg 17

Songster
Dec 11, 2015
McVeytown PA
I need help to decide weather to build there nesting boxes or to buy them so can anyone posts some pics of there nesting boxes to help give me an idea and what you think I should do and or weather or not if you like the boxes you want with and tried thanks all replies are welcome

We built ours ...

We just made some boxes out of whatever we had around. We took big rectangle boxes and put dividers in there. The hens only seem to use 1 box. They love that one box lol.

We built ours (rather my husband built ours). Plywood for the most part.
ours are very similar to that. I do have 4 that sit on the floor like that and the silkies just sleep in them. There are 2 that sit on top of those 4 and those are the ones they lay in. Interested to see which nest the silkies decide to use.

Those all look very swish! I put some plastic tubs on a shelf (i use my shed as a coop) - slightly more rudimentary but it works.

CT

My external, community tunnel nesting box

Easy to clean, just lower back flap and sweep out shavings. Single hole in center to keep box dark and cool in summer. One box so hens don't squeeze together trying to fit into the same box. I have had up to four laying at the same time. Today I collected 19 eggs without a single broken egg.

My external, community tunnel nesting box

Easy to clean, just lower back flap and sweep out shavings. Single hole in center to keep box dark and cool in summer. One box so hens don't squeeze together trying to fit into the same box. I have had up to four laying at the same time. Today I collected 19 eggs without a single broken egg.

Nice! Did one of them lay a Yorkshire Terrier-esque dog? Amazing eh?
smile.png

CT

Back
Top Bottom