ninja333pirate

Songster
Aug 3, 2020
Pacific Northwest, WA
So I am looking to make a chicken noodle soup with 2 small cockerels I butchered, one is a Sebright and the other is a Silkie, they were a little older so figured soup is the way to go with cooking them. I currently have them defrosted in the fridge soaking in a brine. what I am looking to do is to roast them first to make a deeper flavor before putting them in the crock pot to slow cook them. I also want to use the carcass to make the broth. Anyone have any recipes or atleast ideas of how I should go about this?
How long should I roast them and should I roast the potatoes and carrots and celery and onions with it? should I even bother making broth from the bones or should I just go with store bought? If I do make the broth anyone have any recipes for that as well? I have searched for some sort of recipe that follows what I want to do but I cant seem to find any. Just looking for some help to formulate a recipe and plan for making this meal.

Thanks in advanced!

I have a good dumpling soup recipe
1/4 cup milk
4 eggs
1 cup flour (add a bit more if thin)
1/4 tea sp. salt

It should be just thick enough to almost clump, not thin. I like to dip a table spoon in lightly boiling broth, (just the middle part) so the dough doesn't stick to the spoon. Put a dolup of dough in the boiling part, center of boiling pot. Keep putting the dough in center of pot where most of the boiling is happening until all spoonfuls are in pot. Let cook in lightly boiling pot for about 15 min. uncovered. YUM!

Back
Top Bottom