Chicken Photos Thread

Been awhile since there was an update! I hope everyone is doing okay. I've, unfortunately, been getting harassed and discriminated at my Day Job and that's been making my disabilities worse than they should be. I've recently gone through a process with HR (where HR sided with me, surprisingly) and am working with disability lawyers on what else I can do.

Lucky for the animals, they just keep doing what they do! The peafowl have started ramping up their breeding season. I saw one successful mating, but I haven't found any signs of eggs from the peahens yet. I've got 7 eggs in the incubator from the chickens (because I got tired of waiting for the peahens), and that's always exciting to watch. For the people that were wanting prints of some of my pictures, I have set up a business for my art and a store at Redbubble right now (http://www.redbubble.com/people/uzisuzuki). I'm still working on getting more stuff added there, and if anyone has a specific photo they want a print of let me know so I can make it available. All the earnings from that shop will go to taking care of the birds since my having a Day Job is on shaky ground right now.

And now, pictures!

I see u.

Been awhile! I'm plus 41 birds by now, no big surprise. :lau Here are a few of the newest babes! :)
6 Golden Sebrights I picked out from the bantam assortment bin at RK -
DSCN6879.JPG

Flynn, Colombian Rock bantam cockerel -
DSCN7083.JPG

Jewel, Colombian Rock bantam pullet -
DSCN7023.JPG

Buff Brahma bantam cockerel, no name yet -
DSCN7188.JPG

Blue Breasted Red OEGBs: both are identical twins, so two pics aren't needed. :lol: Currently unnamed until I can think of something that fits. :)
DSCN7027.JPG

Our first Silkie bantam! Also unnamed since we don't know the gender yet. ;)
DSCN7018.JPG
Snickerdoodle, Splash Breasted Red OEGB pullet -
DSCN6980.JPG

~Alex

Been awhile! I'm plus 41 birds by now, no big surprise. :lau Here are a few of the newest babes! :)
6 Golden Sebrights I picked out from the bantam assortment bin at RK -
View attachment 1026807
Flynn, Colombian Rock bantam cockerel -
View attachment 1026808
Jewel, Colombian Rock bantam pullet -
View attachment 1026811
Buff Brahma bantam cockerel, no name yet -
View attachment 1026809
Blue Breasted Red OEGBs: both are identical twins, so two pics aren't needed. :lol: Currently unnamed until I can think of something that fits. :)
View attachment 1026810
Our first Silkie bantam! Also unnamed since we don't know the gender yet. ;)
View attachment 1026814 Snickerdoodle, Splash Breasted Red OEGB pullet -
View attachment 1026816
~Alex
Ah! Those Sebright babies are adorable!

The past two months have been a blur. I was forced to resign my job due to disability discrimination, I hatched 3 chicks, and two peachicks (so far, the third is still in the process of hatching).

IMG_1242.JPG

I'm pretty sure this is a male, so I've named him Irving.

IMG_1248.JPG

Not sure about this one, but name choices are Mina or Helsing.

IMG_1257.JPG

I keep getting a strong male vibe from this one, too, but I'm not 100%. Names choices are Lux or Douma.

IMG_1605.JPG
IMG_1606.JPG

And these are my first two peachicks, Mim (L) and Syrax (R)! I'm surprised that I hatched any peachicks, and also how different they are from chicken chicks. They have bonded with each other quickly, but they also bonded with my quickly too. They want to be under my chin or in my hands. Once the chicken chicks had each other, they really didn't want anything to do with me for the most part. At any rate, this is going to be an adventure!

The past two months have been a blur. I was forced to resign my job due to disability discrimination, I hatched 3 chicks, and two peachicks (so far, the third is still in the process of hatching).

View attachment 1026857

View attachment 1026858

View attachment 1026860
I keep getting a strong male vibe from this one, too, but I'm not 100%. Names choices are Lux or Douma.

View attachment 1026861 View attachment 1026862
And these are my first two peachicks, Mim (L) and Syrax (R)! I'm surprised that I hatched any peachicks, and also how different they are from chicken chicks. They have bonded with each other quickly, but they also bonded with my quickly too. They want to be under my chin or in my hands. Once the chicken chicks had each other, they really didn't want anything to do with me for the most part. At any rate, this is going to be an adventure!
Adorable. :love

So cute, Alex. :love

I may or may not be passing 50 birds soon. :oops:
Why, thank you! :D

As I have said before, you have no reason to feel shame over your BURD situation. ;) We're in the 70's.......:oops::lau

View attachment 1026857

View attachment 1026858

View attachment 1026860

View attachment 1026861 View attachment 1026862
I'm so sorry.....:( Although expanding your flock is a great way to cope. :):hugs Such precious babies, and amazing colors! :love Of course I always love your name choices. :thumbsup In my opinion, crosses from existing birds are possibly the most interesting and unique-looking! :D

~Alex

Back
Top Bottom