Chicken 'rejected' by flock after a year and a half.

Quote:
Yes. She's eating like a pig. She's now one of the largest in the flock. All of her feathers grew back in beautifully, her eyes are bright and clear, her poop is good and her feet and legs are warm. She doesn't look or act sick at all. Away from the others, her comb looks red enough, but when she's with the others, the difference is obvious. She also hasn't laid a single egg in the two months that I've had her separated.

We had a record dump of snow over the weekend, so the freerange experiment has been delayed. I hope it works; being caged and isolated with mentally unbalanced cats is no life for a chicken. She's going to start hissing and growling soon...

Your cats and my cat should start a club............

Hello Everybody. I have good news... My girl is back in the general population. Yay!

Don't know how or why, but things are back to normal. I had to go away for a week and had some neighbors looking after the girls, so I moved the cage into the coop. She escaped into the general population on about the 5th day and they couldn't tell her apart from the others and so left her out with them. Now I can't tell her apart from the others, except by her comb, but I have to look very closely now. So, although it's still a mystery, it's over now.

Still have snow, but the girls have been out daily for the past week and are lovin' every minute of it.

thanks for all your advice

How much Braggs ACV in a gallon of water??

Poor girl, you can add some ACV  Braggs organic to her water also give her some redclover flowers, and some parsley if it's anything in the blood that should clear it up. Otherwise I'm at a loss, as to what or how to add her back I agree with whomever said you may now have a house chicken. Which really wouldn't be so bad, they can be very lovable when kept as pets, almost too much so when they are under your feet when your trying to make supper, LOL Kim

Back
Top Bottom