Chicken Saddles That Stay On - Recommendations Needed

DuckDuckSook

Songster
Jan 20, 2020
Southeastern PA
My Coop
My Coop
Hello Friends!

I recently bought some chicken saddles online to help protect my girls from our rooster, Mo. They are losing some back feathers and I'm trying to help them re-grow. The saddles I bought, although adorable, are not staying on. I have no idea how they get them off, but they keep taking them off somehow. Any recommendations for saddles that work and stay on the hens? Thanks in advance! P.S. Below is a pic of the ones I ordered.
chickensaddle.jpg

I ordered some new ones:
chickensaddles2.jpg

These are adjustable with the snaps. I was able to make them a bit tighter. They aren't thrilled about wearing them, but I think they'll get used to them and realize that they protect them when my rooster is feeling particularly hot and bothered. They kept them on for 24 hours so far so that's better than the other ones. We shall see.

I ordered some new ones:
View attachment 3390329
These are adjustable with the snaps. I was able to make them a bit tighter. They aren't thrilled about wearing them, but I think they'll get used to them and realize that they protect them when my rooster is feeling particularly hot and bothered. They kept them on for 24 hours so far so that's better than the other ones. We shall see.

How did these saddles work out? I just put one on a smaller hen today. She was losing feathers pretty badly.

The ones with the snaps worked really well. I kept them on the hens for a few weeks but ultimately, I had to get rid of our rooster. That was two months ago and my chickens still look rough and beat up. I think they are going to be that way until their first molt

Back
Top Bottom