Need chicken saddle recomendations

drangle

Songster
Sep 1, 2022
Southeast colorado
some of my hens have their back feathers worn off, id like to get some saddles to protect their exposed skin from the Roos but also the sun. Cheap is good but I do not want junk that will just fall apart. being available through amazon is a plus too.

any recommendations or advice would be appreciated.

some of my hens have their back feathers worn off, id like to get some saddles to protect their exposed skin from the Roos but also the sun. Cheap is good but I do not want junk that will just fall apart. being available through amazon is a plus too.

any recommendations or advice would be appreciated.
Try making your own! You can find tons of patterns online!

How do you like the saddles?

Once the two hens got adjusted to them, they've worked very well. One hen was the lowest in the pecking order and she took about three days to adapt. The other hen was number two, and she adapted after about 3 hours. At first, they REALLY don't like the saddles.

Also, I found that they need to be adjusted for a tighter fit than you might think. One hen is small, and she had to have the apron on the tightest snaps. The other hen is average size and she still needed the apron adjusted to the "small" (but not smallest) size. All the other hens don't seem to have the same problem with the rooster, so two is all I'm using.

Back
Top Bottom