Chicken Saloon ?

Darn I did not see the bad service and bad products before I had purchased it on Saturday. I hope you are refunded and I'm curious if they do. I sure hope that I don't receive damaged goods. How long did it take to receive the coop? I'm curious how long it takes.

I recently got the tavern and it was not worth the money. The box says made in China. I had no trouble with the assembly but the latches are cheap and tinny and I will replace them. The screening is held in place with small staples and the ladder fell off right away-held in place with small screws. The dimensions include the 3 inches of roof overhang on each end so there is just not much of a run.

I purchased the tavern in June, and I have been very dissapointed with the quality of the product, the usability, and the customer service. The coop's dimensions ended up being a bit exaggerated, so I had to make an additional run for my chickens because their measurements were smaller than I had anticipated. Also, there were several slightly damaged parts when it came, and the lock on the door had broken off. I was able to get passed these things, they all seemed rather minor, until maintenence came into play. The removable tray is so skinny that I can't even pull it out of the coop unless I take all the shavings out first, which entirely defeats the purpose of having it. Before I purchased the coop, I sent emails asking questions about the tavern, and they were always answered very promptly, and I asked if the coop was completely weatherproof and I was told it was ready to withstand all elements; rain, wind snow, everything. But, after the very first rain we had come through (it was a very light storm, raining lightly for a day or two) I found out that the coop wasn't entirely weather proof, like it was promised to be in the email, and water soaked in through the roof and made my hen house soaking wet. I sent them an email about it, and offered to send pictures, and as usual, they responded very promptly and told me to send pictures. I have sent them the email with pictures several times, and sense I have sent them proof of my coop's disfuntction, I have been completely ignored. I re-sent the email, to see if they didn't get it, but they continued to ignore me. They wouldn't respond to my emails, my calls, or continue to contact me in any way. After being ignored for three months, and trying to work through my badly flooding coop, I had to spend more money to fix the coop that should have been what it was said to be, and ended up spending an additional $60 on a tarp to cover the entire coop. After having to spend a total of nearly two hundred dollars because of their lack of customer service and honesty, I would say that it is not worth the money and the hassle, and to stay away from chicken saloon.
As an update- they have continued to ignore me, not once have they responded

Definitely not worth it. I have to say that it indicates it will fit 2 to 4 chickens and I believe that if the chickens are the size of a guinea pig maybe. I had to build another coop myself and use this small one for a second coop in case anyone gets injured or sick they go to the tiny chicken hospital coop. I did seal all the roof with clear silicone and that did help with the leaking.

VERY DISATIFIED. Purchased the Ranch model. Very low quality. Not for areas exposed to weather. Hardware is extremely low quality and wood is very thin. Roof warped 3 weeks after it was received and assembled. Roof board ended blowing off and cracking. Waited about 3 more weeks and called customer service. Was told that the warranty is only 30 days and I would have to buy a new roof panel. After explaining how unhappy I was they agreed to charge me for freight only. Got billed $45.00 to send a 13 Lb box from Utah to Mass. Sent an email to them telling them my displeasure be the last I ever that I will never purchase from them again. No reply back. Will stick with the local shops that distribute Amish made house. Have never had an issue.

We purchased the Tavern last Spring and barely made it to Fall before the coop started falling apart. To make it through winter, we had to place tarps on top of it and all around it as well as add lots of screws and nails to hold it together. We're in the process of building the wichita cabin coop now and will probably use the old for a great fire!! I should've known better and spent way too much money on firewood! I don't receommend buying any of the coops from Chicken Saloon at all.

Complete junk. Holes don't line up, cheap wood and cheap hardware. I got ripped off and I'm not happy about it. Had to replace all the hardware with sturdier stuff. Added heavy wood screws to keep the thing together. DO NOT PURCHASE.

I sure wish I would have seen some of these reviews BEFORE I bought my coop and run. I bought the ranch this spring. They said this coop and run would be good for 10 - 15 chickens....I don't know what kind of birds they are thinking of but that run is tiny! As I said we got this coop in the spring of this year, it is already falling apart. We imediatly had to replace all the hinges and locks be causes they are the cheapest possible. Now hunks of the coop are falling off and we can't get Chicken Saloon to respond to us. At the time we wanted to buy something pre-fabed because the thought of building a coop and run was VERY overwhelming. Now $800 later we are going to be building one anyway. What a huge waste of my hard earned money.

I just purchased a chicken saloon and it was a waste of $400. cheap material and workmanship and it was delivered with damage piece by FEDEX and after two weeks of arguing they sent replacement parts. Yes they came damaged also. Not worth the money.

Back
Top Bottom