Chicken Sceizure?

brittany6515

In the Brooder
Sep 3, 2016
My almost 4 month old Polish just passed. When i came home from work she was laying down barley breathing.. she all of a sudden starting ruffling her feathers and her head started turning back and all different directions. Then it stopped.. this happened 3 times and about 30 minjtes later she died. Yesterday she was laying around sleeing all day but i thought it was normal due to me and my husband working on the coop all day and it being hot out. Is this a Sceizure for just normal as they are dying? I have had 4 polish in tje last 2-3 months and they have all died on me.

Not normal. Do they have access to water at all times? What are you feeding them? Do they display any other symptoms? Heavy breathing, lethargy, sneezing, coughing? Any other breeds dying? How hot has it been there? How old are the birds? My 1st thought would've been heat related, but you said others have died as well.

By the way, welcome to BYC and sorry for your losses :hugs

They have water and food at all times..no sneezing or anyrhing.. feeding them a chick starter and hen layer feed mix

Back
Top Bottom