Chicken seems off balance?

babybop11

In the Brooder
Jun 3, 2023
One of my chickens seems somewhat off balance, like her legs aren’t quite holding her right. She seems to be eating and drinking, pooping normally, etc. But something is just a little off-kilter. It’s so subtle that I don’t know if someone who didn’t know this bird well would notice it, but I spend multiple hours per day with them. She’s also holding her tail kind of to one side which is abnormal. I thought at first she had hurt a leg but they seem ok. She also looks like she’s losing some feathers on the back of her neck but could be unrelated. As it’s very mild right now, I just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions or if this was early signs of something anyone had experienced.

She turned a year old this week. They eat Homestead Harvest - this is the label
857C90D8-05AF-48EB-8606-CCE6FB2A6899.png

One of my chickens seems somewhat off balance, like her legs aren’t quite holding her right. She seems to be eating and drinking, pooping normally, etc. But something is just a little off-kilter. It’s so subtle that I don’t know if someone who didn’t know this bird well would notice it, but I spend multiple hours per day with them. She’s also holding her tail kind of to one side which is abnormal. I thought at first she had hurt a leg but they seem ok. She also looks like she’s losing some feathers on the back of her neck but could be unrelated. As it’s very mild right now, I just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions or if this was early signs of something anyone had experienced.

@nuthatched - I’m not sure if I replied to your comment correctly so tagging you to be sure
The feed isn't fantastic nutritionally speaking, that unfortunately in more holistic feeds.
Give her 400i.u vitamin E capsule and about a third of a b complex tablet every day for a few weeks. Any brand from the grocery store. Pull down on a waddle and pop it in her beak.

The feed isn't fantastic nutritionally speaking, that unfortunately in more holistic feeds.
Give her 400i.u vitamin E capsule and about a third of a b complex tablet every day for a few weeks. Any brand from the grocery store. Pull down on a waddle and pop it in her beak.
Is there another feed that you recommend??

You do a chick starter for life? Sorry i’m new to this, a year in and still learning
@nuthatched I just want them to be happy and healthy! those are my only wants hahaha I have these videos of her, she keeps doing this like head swaying to the side thing and jerking it back, appears to favor left. i would assume that’s why her tail was off center trying to balance out. just seems like she stumbles a little, her gait is different than usual

Back
Top Bottom